Please select your location and preferred language where available.
Kioxia Introduces PCIe® 4.0 Storage Class Memory SSDs
New KIOXIA FL6 Series Leverages Kioxia’s XL-FLASH to Bridge Gap Between DRAM and TLC-based SSDs, Accelerate Latency-Sensitive Applications
- September 14, 2021
- Kioxia Corporation
Tokyo – Low latency, high endurance Storage Class Memory (SCM) is coming to KIOXIA NVMe™ SSDs. Kioxia Corporation, a world leader in memory solutions, is now sampling its KIOXIA FL6 Series enterprise NVMe SCM SSDs. Featuring Kioxia’s SCM solution, XL-FLASH, the dual-port and PCIe® 4.0-compliant KIOXIA FL6 Series SSDs bridge the gap between DRAM and TLC-based drives, making them well-suited to latency-sensitive use cases such as caching layer, tiering and write logging.
Based on Kioxia’s innovative BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory technology with 1-bit-per-cell SLC, XL-FLASH brings low latency and high performance to data center and enterprise storage. While volatile memory solutions such as DRAM provide the access speed needed by demanding applications, it comes at a high cost. SCM addresses this by providing high density, cost effective non-volatile flash memory.
The KIOXIA FL6 Series performs well on low queue depth workloads but its true strengths are revealed as workloads become more demanding and mixed. In these environments, KIOXIA FL6 drives deliver reliable quality of service - a critical attribute for a wide variety of latency-sensitive applications.
KIOXIA FL6 Series Highlights
- PCIe 4.0 and NVMe 1.4 specification compliant; ready for NVMe-oF™ deployments
- Native dual-port for high-availability and resiliency
- 60 DWPD endurance and capacities from 800 GB to 3.2 TB
- Enterprise reliability of 2.5M hours MTBF
- SED and FIPS 140-2 security options
The KIOXIA FL6 Series is now sampling to key industry partners and customers.
 Availability of security/encryption options may vary by region.
- Definition of capacity: Kioxia defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- PCIe is a registered trademark of PCI-SIG.
- NVMe and NVMe-oF are registered or unregistered marks of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- All other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Sales Promotion Division
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.